Well, the title sums it up for me, 6th has a mix of long overdue and great changes with just stupid crap that seems to keep sliding towards diarrhea as the days pass on. Here is why:
1) The latest rumors of Forge World being allowed into standard and tournaments. I love Forge World, great models but they don’t belong in tournaments. Ok, so they are for sale in GW stores now (the books that is) and you can order them online, this is counter productive to little 12 year old Timmy that plays that GW has been trying to cater towards for years. Recruit the younger (disposable income) players. Some people argue it is just a few bucks more for Forge World to GW’s plastics (which are better in many respects for conversions and durability) so why pay for crap? That few dollars here and there adds up. The rules are not balanced either, there is some seriously f’d up items in the books that just lumps on top of the two Force Org Charts and Allies options….people are trying to argue because of this...Forge World would be of little impact, except cause even more headaches!
2) Power (weapons): First making an axe straight last like a power fist? Maybe a -1 to I would be ideal but not strike last, may as well spend 5 more points on average for a fist. Plus Stelek pointed this out that due to GW’s piss poor wording you can have people slipping mauls, lances and such into their marine lists. *sigh* Somehow this was not the intent but that is where it is going! Check out Stelek’s site talking about Power Weapons, he has a point but it is stupid as hell to pull this crap: http://yesthetruthhurts.com/2012/07/captain-obvious-to-the-rescue-understanding-power-weapons-in-6th/
3) Being unable to assult from reserves or deploying from a stationary vehicle unless it has an assult ramp. Guess Wolf Scouts and Snikrot’s Commandos can just go sit on a shelf.
4) Two Force Org Charts, while allies are ok the second FOC really throws a wrench into things. This just opens up lists to some really silly builds that are just stupid beyond all words. You can’t think of any wacked lists? Check out Stelek’s site on a few he came up with: http://yesthetruthhurts.com/2012/07/2-foc-is-bad-you-retards/
5) Execute the worst rollout for any edition from 40k and Fantasy, shipping issues, shorted copies of the book and other product, some product not shipped at all, this is the story all over the internet.
6) The lack of “other races” Fortifications, if you are going to roll out a concept, have the product ready. Sure people can convert stuff, but let’s face it time is important to some and many lack the skill, give them an option! This just shows that GW has their favorites in the game by the application of products.