As I wait for my book and mull over the bits of information that I have managed to glean so far.
Stelek over at Truth Hurts made a nice chart from the crappy GW allies list. What is interesting is some of the really weird choices for allies for some armies, some of them are just totally wrong!
Here is the chart if you have not seen it:
So, here is some of my predictions based on the rumors flying about:
1) Larger games, this happened with Fantasy. It will happen again, with Fortifications and new allies options is going to open up the larger game concepts. White Dwarf already pimped 2500 point games. So, expect to see those 1850 and 2k point games disappear in favor of 2250 or 2500 games now.
2) Every army will more than likely have IG as allies, who would not want them to bolster up their weak codex? Otherwise, people are going to find that army to boost their weakness and game on!
3) Broken lists are going to take a new meaning soon, with allies there is going to be so many "grey lines" in the game that GW is going to either have to FAQ the hell out of each codex or things are just going to be plain stupid. Imagine now each FAQ is going to have to address "allies" now.
4) Flyers will appear for a short period of time, then slowly fade from the scene once established lists become dominate like it has been with 5th.
5) Fortifications are going to be the new pain in the ass for 40k. Yea, now I have to drag scenery with me to games. Wonder if this will make it into tournaments?
6) Psychic powers are going to be all over the place. Yea, things are going to be crazy with psychic wars going on left and right due to allies options and the new powers introduced. Time to step back to 2nd edition!
That said, time to sign off and leave you with these two music videos to top off my thoughts! Enjoy!