Happy New Year to all!
What has gone on this year:
- We havee seen the launch of 6th Edition, a new era of 40k has started. Good or bad time will tell if GW got some things right or wrong. So far, the game is going on fine. Flyers are a bit broken and will be until more anti-air options appear in the game.
- We have seen the launch of the Chaos codex, perhaps one of the best books in the past few years. Full of fluff, variety of unit choices and options unlike other army books that only offered a few limited concept lists. Necrons for example come to mind.
- We have seen a milestone legal battle between GW and Chapterhouse and we have seen that GW does not always get their way.
- We now watch as GW throws their balls to the wind on the Hobbit hoping it will be as profitable as the Lord of the Rings, brace for impact GW, your numbers are going to take a hit!
- I have won a few local tournaments in the area, each with a different army usually in tow which makes me happy as it shows I am picking up on 6th edition and adapting my army building concepts to solid lists without having to resort to over the top net lists.
- My friend and I got to go to the Kalm this past year, despite setbacks to the trip we had a blast once we got up there and walked away with a cool trophy for Blood Bowl. With 3 games the next day it was a blast to sip on a beer and throw some dice with whom I feel are brothers in dice. This to me was a highlight and a hat tip to gaming as it should be, not all this super hyper competitive bullshit we see were people travel to major events thinking they are all that and a bag of chips. That isn't what the game is about, it is the hobby, meeting people and having a good experience.
I hope to finally post some pictures of some new completed stuff (once I get a new camera, the old one died) for Chaos very soon and with luck once I get my airbrush up and going a ton of new production line painting that I hope will make a huge impact in my productivity!
There is already a tournament just around the corner for 40k (two this month) and the Dark Angels are already looming in the background ready to roll out. I think 2013 is going to be a good year! I plan to hit Crucible and Kalm this year along with a few local events and as much local gaming as possible for fun. There is a ton of projects I am ready to launch!